02 September 2019

My Retirement Speech



               My Retirement Speech on 31 st. August' 2019



Good Evening to respected Project Head, distinguish Admins, fellow retiring colleagues & the HR personnel’s mentoring the show. My special thanks to all loving DVCians be it executives, non executives or ex-employees present at the Auditorium. I wholeheartedly applaud my friends, guests & the family members who came to witness the celebration event. I also like to congratulate my beloved family for their relentless support to manage my office obligation for a pretty long time

It’s a privilege to associate with the biological event of my superannuation to address few words before you all, although I am not usually a public speaker

Today the wheel of my service tenure has come to a full circle, indeed a memorable journey of 34 years 6 months and 13 days. My personal timeline and bond with DVC appears to be a phenomenal journey in progression of life and living. I enjoyed the rare opportunity to born and grow with DVC resources and opportunities, became second generation employee and now closing my service as a source of delight, exactly an eventful memoir to cherish for a lifetime

Naturally, I wish to salute all ex-DVCians, whose relentless effort and exorbitant costs laid the foundation to build this august organisation at the gross level what it appears today, including my proud father who has been superannuated in early eighties from DVC Maithon. I express my gratitude to few personalities who encouraged, inspired or keep faith over the years to represent what I am today

Indeed DVC is a great organisation where one might feel fortunate to work here, as I have. It begins at Tilaiya Hydel on 19.02.1985. Next joined CM&ES at Maithon while gradually became SSK(PG ). Subsequently, worked at Maithon Division as Special Assistant (SC), lastly at CRITM under CTC as SA & SSK (PG). 

When I joined DVC it was a fulfillment of my family aspiration and alongside my hopes and dreams, but with growing time has long since vanished. However, I admit to get a decent living and reasonable space at workplace. So far personal achievement is concern it is being left for scrutiny and judgement based on imperial evidences spread over the departments & domains where I left my hand-prints

Let me arrange some highlights from experiences, such as exceptional acknowledgement from the honorable Secretary during 1997 for leading contribution in MM faculty at CM&FS, the CMM’s endorsement as best cadre after level-III MM training policy up to 1996, enjoyed close contact with the policy decision framework. Inventory management appreciated for scientific storage by CSVO, Implemented Central Excise Act-1944 formalities for about four years and saved 15 to 18K per annum. In course of redeployment persuade about 825 eviction proceedings under PP Act-1971 when attached to civil dept. Also responsive to almost every desk bound activity from MM curriculum to administrative coordination and communications. In sports represented DVC in All India Electricity Board meets in Volleyball twice, besides attained project representations in different games

I always tried to be within my principle and values, keep faith on effectiveness, do not relied on achieving position but focus on performance caliber. At Corporate point of view, whenever found necessary put forth my opinion to the competent authorities of the Corporation and every time achieved objective purposes

Finally, I understand retirement means promotion to one of the best roles of life, what matters is the process, the offerings, the gesture and the exclamation thereof. I will set a tone for distant DVCians with a compose for this day available at social sites... 

Name: Atanu Chatterjee, CRITM Divn, DVC Maithon
Venue: DVC AUDITORIUM, Maithon Dam


No comments: